Pages

Wednesday, 6 May 2020

aviary

plan
For my aviary project I'm planning on having the wire for the roof and punting a glass layer over the
top. The aviary needs to be secure from any animals like dogs and cat etc and if a bird gets between
the double door space I would recommend making it bigger so it's essayer to get the bird.

Looking after budgies would need human contact. They need to be fed budgie mix and millet spray,
garden greens and corn they drink water that needs to be changed daily. They like nature and the
environment. My papa has a tree in his aviary to make his birds feel like they are in nature. For a
nesting box I would put more than one so they have more of an option where they want to lay their
eggs. I would put the breeding boxes further away from the door so they wont get a fright when
someone enters. So far I have not found out what I want to put on the floor to keep it fresh.  

What I can do that does not cost anything I can remove the glass wearing gloves and put the
glass in the recycling bin. We have boards in the garage that could be used for the floor 

What we need to buy wire netting, framing for the double door, clear pvc,hinges, door catch.

My neighbor is renovating. He might have some stuff that we could use for free.






1 comment:

  1. This is good Phillip, I like it that you identify the different plans and steps that you want to do to build your aviary. It is also nice to include what the buggies need to keep them safe . Well done ! - Rose A

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.